During pregnancy, a woman's body undergoes a multitude of changes, both physiologically and psychologically. Some women may experience these changes without too much discomfort, while others may feel more discomfort. Acupuncture is an interesting option throughout pregnancy to treat certain symptoms.
BENEFITS OF ACUPUNCTURE DURING PREGNANCY
- Relieve anxiety and distress
- Relieve nausea and vomiting
- Relieve digestive disorders including heartburn and acid reflux
- Treating constipation and haemorrhoids
- Relieving circulatory disorders and leg heaviness
- Relieving lower back pain and sciatica
- Preventing premature delivery
- Encourage foetal turning, in case of breech presentation (sessions between the 32nd and 36th week)
AFTER CHILDBIRTH, ACUPUNCTURE HELPS TO :
- Facilitate recovery
- Treat post-partum depression (baby blues)
- Treat breastfeeding disorders (lack of milk or too much milk)
Acupuncture is effective in increasing fertility in men, as they do not have a complex hormonal cycle like women.
Acupuncture helps to increase the quality, quantity, and vigour of spermatozoa.
It also treats erectile dysfunction and reduces stress.